Pharmacists are able to prescribe for certain minor ailments. They will need to sit down with you to ask a few questions in order to determine if they can prescribe, what would be the best treatment for you, and counsel you on the prescription. Minor Ailments that pharmacists can prescribe for include:
- Mild Acne 11. Canker Sores 20. Acid Reflux
- Allergic Rhinitis 12. Headache 21. Thrush
- Eczema 13. Hemorrhoids 22. Shingles
- Urinary Tract Infections 14. Emergency Contraceptives 23. Cold Sores
- Bacterial, Viral and Allergic Eye Infections 15. Athlete’s Foot 24. Obesity
- Diaper Rash 16. Insect Bites 25. Ringworm
- Painful Periods 17. Sprains and Strains 26. Jock Itch
- Birth Control 18. Erectile Dysfunction 27. Influenza
- Bacterial Skin Infections 19. Nail Fungus
- Smoking Cessation (PACT Trained: Partners to Assist with Cessation of Tobacco)
Medication Shouldn’t Be Confusing
Saskatchewan Medication Assessment Program (SMAP) is a program that allows you to schedule a 20 to 30 minute one-to-one meeting with our pharmacists to ensure that you are safely and appropriately using all types of medication. Think of it as a comprehensive medication review. It is funded by the government for certain individuals or offered by our store at no charge for those who do not meet criteria. Just bring your Sask Health Card. The SMAP appointment is your chance to discuss how your prescription, over-the-counter and alternative medications may be affecting each other.
During this one-on-one meeting, you will have an opportunity to learn about your medications and medical condition(s). As part of this service you will benefit by:
- Gaining better understanding of drug names, strengths, adverse effects and usage instructions. This may include over-the-counter and/or herbal medications.
- Understanding the benefit of taking your medications as your Doctor has directed.
- Investigating strategies to manage any adverse effects or issues surrounding the medications you take.
- Discussing other resources available to educate you and support your health.
Injections and Immunizations
You don’t need to visit your doctor’s office every time you or a family member require an immunization. Beeland Pharmacists are certified to provide injections and immunizations for your whole family.
- Flu shots
- Recommended Immunizations
- Travel Vaccines
- Birth Control
- Osteoporosis Meds
- and more
Talk to your doctor or healthcare professional today to find out how to help protect yourself against shingles.
Specialty Medication Packaging
Compliance Packaging – Medication Made Easy
If you have trouble taking your medications as directed, ask us about our medication packaging solutions.
A compliance package is a weekly card that contains 28 separate clear bubbles called blisters. Our pharmacist will fill the blisters with the right medications to be taken at the prescribed times. All you need to do is push out the medications through the seal. Once your dispill is empty, your pharmacist will provide you with a new one.
Using a compliance packages has been shown to greatly reduce medication errors by eliminating the confusion that surrounds questions such as when, how many, and at what time to take your medications. Each blister bubble corresponds to a specific time frame during the day. If you have problems remembering to take your medication or can’t remember if you did, you will immediately be able to tell just by looking at the dispill. It helps you or your caregiver monitor your medications. Gone are the days of trying to sort out which medication to take and when. Please contact us for further information.